1. Read Carolyn Mathass 2030 . . . (pages 374-376 in our textbook).
2. Decide whether you are more inclined to agree with Kurzweil or Joy.
3. Write a 1200-word essay that makes your opinion clear. Your thesis should present your opinion, using the language of an academic paper (no in my opinion or I believe). The essay should discuss why you agree with Kurzweil or Joy.
4. Use MLA documentation.
Integrate three quotations with signal phrases, in-text citations, and a Works Cited page.
In-text citations: These come from “2030–Ray Kurzweil’s Predictions or Bill Joy’s Fears.” Use #1 or #2, p. 385 in our handbook.
Works Cited page: Only one entry on the Works Cited page, for 2030Ray Kurzweils Predictions or Bill Joys Fears. Use #32, p. 409, in our handbook.
5. Edit/proofread. Be sure you follow these general instructions.
Use Word or Rich Text Format to type your essay.
Essay should be 1200 words, not counting the Works Cited page.
6. Submit in the Assignment Dropbox by September 19.