Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 3 and 4 in your course textbook. The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this weeks theme of sustaining our agricultural resources; second, to provide your second contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- Select a term from the list of choices in the ( Urban Farming) located in the course. Type your name in the table, next to the word that you would like to choose.
- Download the ]available in the course and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research.
- Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA Style expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that you and your peers might take to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Agricultural Resources paper
- Must be a minimum of three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted text, or references) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centers
- Must utilize academic voice. See the resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible and/or scholarly sources in addition to the course text. To receive optimal credit, use at least one scholarly source from a peer-reviewed academic journal. To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the University of Arizona Global Campus Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following University of Arizona Global Campus videos and tutorials:
- Accessing full text and citation in Google Scholar:
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centers
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.