Develop a problem statement, purpose statement, and research questions with corresponding set of hypotheses for your intended dissertation research (or a quantitative example) that will use a quantitative approach.
This is to be based on: (1) the review of the literature in your topic area; (2) the identification of a problem based on your analysis of this literature; (3) evidence for a research-worthy problem; (4) well-formulated research question(s) and hypotheses; and (5) your understanding of the alternative types of quantitative research studies.
Use the following section headings to organize your assignment response:
- Overview of the Research Focus.
- Provide a brief introduction to the research topic and focus.
- Statement of the Problem
- Begin with a clear statement of the problem.
- It is recommended to use the phrase: The problem addressed is
- Evidence that the problem is current and worthy of a research study using citation of source(s) from the literature and/or empirical evidence from a credible source. Be sure to include a minimum of 3 sources that support or source the problem. Continue to search for additional sources during this course to build the Statement of the Problem section for the signature assignment.
- Purpose of the Study
- Provide a clear statement of the research purpose that addresses the problem identified in the problem statement.
- It is recommended to use the phrase: The purpose of this quantitative study is
- Do not exceed three sentences for this section.
- Research Question(s)and Hypotheses
- For this section, use the following format for listing the research question(s) and associated set of hypotheses (null and alternative hypotheses). NOTE: Descriptive research questions are excluded for this assignment.
- Begin text here
- Begin null hypothesis text here.
- Begin alternative hypothesis text here.
- Repeat for each research question and set of hypotheses using RQ2, H20, H21, etc. It is recommended to not exceed two research questions for the purposes of this assignment response.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference page.
References: minimum of eight (8) scholarly resources.