For this assignment, students will identify an ethical dilemma and write a position paper on an ethical topic a nurse may face in practice, education, leadership, health informatics technology, and/or with various nurses positions. Examples of ethical dilemmas can be found on the American Nurses Association (ANA) Ethics link in the Week 6 Module.
1. Identify a selected ethical dilemma that requires a masters prepared nurse to take a nursing position on.
2. Describe the ethical dilemma and the impact on patients (clients), nursing practice, and the research process.
3. Compose a research question related to the ethical dilemma.
4. Formulate a position on this ethical dilemma
5. Discuss one (1) advantage information technology may have on this ethical dilemma.
6. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, four (4) to five (5) pages excluding the title and reference page.
7. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
8. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use we or I) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
10. Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
12. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
13. Submit by the posted due date.