Students will be required to write an analytical/critical research paper on an issue of their choosing related to corporate crime. Although not required, you may wish to clear the topic with me for approval before beginning.
Size 12 font Times New Roman
Title page (not included in page count)
Reference list (not included in page count)
The purpose of this essay is twofold:
1) Enhance your writing, research and critical thinking skills
2) Become increasingly comfortable with the corporate literature
Sample analyses include:
Applying criminological theory
Critical analysis of media depictions
Content (out of 25)
The paper is well researched and includes a substantial reference list.
Organization (out of 5)
The paper is clearly written and structured in a way that makes sense and flows seamlessly.
Creativity (out of 5)
The topic is fresh, innovative and brought forth in a novel manner.
Technical Expectations, Spelling and Grammar (out of 5)
The essay adheres to the guidelines mentioned in the requirements section above, and is free from spelling and grammar errors.
– Introduce topic generally.
– Clearly state your thesis and explain exactly what you are going to be doing.
2. Background Information/Literature Review
– Discuss research pertinent to your topic
– Take information on the topic, and show how criminological theories can help explain the case.
– What have we learned from the analysis?
– Why is it important?
– Recap of what you have done
– Limitations of research
– Directions for future research